The mysterious origins of the “8 glasses of water a day” rule (which is false) and how we really get water into and out of our bodies. The amount of water your body needs is directly related to how much your body uses, and the ways that we get water are not limited to glasses of clear liquid.!
(via Mind the Science Gap, illustration by Gillian Mayman)
We told you it would be soon; Zombies, Run! 5k Training is now available on the Apple App Store for just $3.99! If you missed our blog post with full details on the new game, then make sure you check that out. A version for Android is also in the works and will be made available in the…
I was about to restart C25K! This is perfect! Thanks a bunch for such speedy delivery!
I know you’re eagerly awaiting more information about Zombies, Run! 5k Training and we’re now ready to completely lift the lid and reveal full details. Development on the app is continuing apace, so it won’t be long before you’ll be able to get your hands on it. Once we have a concrete release…
I guess there’s no reward for almost getting it done? Today has been my undoing. We had a turkey dinner in the caf at work. And of course I just happened to have nothing prepared at home. So, here I am, silently berating myself but in truth savouring the memory of mashed potatoes and gravy.
I almost made it to 30 days. Today was day 26. Not bad. But I let myself slack off mentally since I knew I’d probably fall of the wagon on Saturday (day-long family visit, not diet-friendly). I plan to limit my carb and dairy intake for the next 10 days and restart Whole30 on the 8th, after Thanksgiving dinner.
I found the program challenging at first but now I love it! I save money on take outs. I cook more. I do not eat mindlessly (most of the time). I feel lighter. Not once, in the last 4 weeks, did I feel stuffed.
Even though I did not finish full 30 days, I already found things I can improve on for next time.
- less fruit! I definitely used it as a carb/sugar substitute a lot. It has always been my weakness.
- water. I was so focused on food that I stopped paying attention to my water intake. I have to be more diligent in that regard.
- better prep. I have to research more recipes. And I need a better emergency option than roasted chicken from a grocery store.
- stick closer to “no weighing yourself” rule. I broke down after 2 weeks and have been obsessing over littlest weight fluctuations ever since.
- exercise! I went on 1 bike ride. That’s it! Nothing, zilch. Even that one ride was horrific. My legs were like noodles and I had no energy. Granted, it was in the first days of the program. But afterwards I was just too focused on eating within limits that I had no attention to spare on anything else.
In conclusion, coffee with cream is a gift from the universe!
You might have already guessed from our little tease on Twitter yesterday that we’re in the final stages of developing a ‘couch to 5k’-style training app set in the Zombies, Run! universe, as promised from our original Kickstarter project!
Zombies, Run! 5k Training will be a new app, separate…
Best news ever!